BVIT 2019 Annual General Meeting
Notice is given of The BVIT 2019 Annual General meeting
|Date||Saturday 23rd March 2019|
|Details closer to the AGM|
|Time||2 p.m. EDST|
At this Annual General Meeting, ALL Committee positions become vacant.
Nominations for Committee position have now closed.
|Item 1||Roll Call|
|Item 3||Minutes of the 2018 AGM|
|Item 4||Any business arising|
|Item 5||Reading of Reports:
Phantom League report
International Events sub-committee report
Web page report
|Item 6||Results of ballot for vacant Committee position/s|
|Item 7||Meeting close|
At the close of the Annual General Meeting, an open forum will be held to discuss the future activities and directions of BVIT.
At the 2019 Annual General Meeting, ALL Committee positions will become vacant
- All Nominees and Proposers must be Financial Members of BVIT
- All Nominees must be in attendance at the AGM
Clause 14 – Composition and membership of committee
(1) The committee is to consist of:
- the office-bearers of the association, and
- at least 4 ordinary committee members,
- the committee must have a minimum of one blind/vision impaired person;
- that all states and territories are represented by one ordinary member of the committee.
- a maximum of 2 (two) members from any one state or territory may become members of the committee or any sub-committees during their term of office.
- a maximum of 2 (two) members from within any type of family structure shall be eligible to become members of the committee or any subcommittee during their term of office.
(2) The total number of committee members is to be 7
(3) The office-bearers of the association are as follows:
- the president,
- the treasurer,
- the secretary.
(4) The office bearers shall hold office for two years following the date of their election and are then eligible for re-election.
(5) A committee member may hold up to 2 offices
(6) Each ordinary member of the committee is, subject to this Constitution, to hold office until the conclusion of the annual general meeting following the date of the member’s election, but is eligible for re-election.